As with most Monday through Fridays the afternoons are spent on the neighbor’s front porch. One topic we hit on about the time the husbands are due home is “What’s for dinner?” One neighbor said its either Mexican Lasagna or something thing else. So inspired by her and the fact I needed to cook my ground beef asap I cooked this up.
Rating out of 3 stars: 2 ¾ stars
Serves 2 with no sides or 3-4 with sides
Ready in 45 mins
- 1 lb of ground beef
- half a red onion chopped
- half a pack of taco seasonings (or to taste)
- one 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions
- one 8 oz can of tomato sauce (optional for a more wet meat)
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- pepper to taste
- Cook the ground beef with the chopped onions until the meat is almost cooked through. Drain. Combine the meat and onions with the taco seasonings, diced tomato can, and extra sauce if desired. Set it to simmer.
- Meanwhile, combine the mozzarella and eggs. Add pepper to taste.
- In an 8×8 inch glass pan, line the bottom with a tortilla and spread a third the egg and cheese mixture on top of the tortilla. Add half of the meat mix on top of the cheese. Repeat the three layers and top off with the remaining cheese.
- In a preheated 350 degree oven bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until cheese starts to brown.
Hubby- He had a dinner meeting so he only had a spoonful but it said to be good.
Me- Maybe a little cheese mixed into the meat. And more cheese. I like cheese.