These cupcakes will impress any company you have and get them thinking you spent a great deal of time on them. But in reality, frosting these cupcakes doesn’t take very long at all.
Bubble bees and regular sized Oreos adorn the large sized cupcakes while mini Oreos top the mini cupcakes.
- Bake as directed according to the box. Makes about 24 large cupcakes or about 48 mini cupcakes.
- 24 regular sized Oreo cookies or 48 mini Oreo cookies.
- ½ cup of green frosting
- 1 cup yellow frosting
Directions for Frosting:
- Frost cooled cupcakes with a thin layer of green frosting.
- To help center each flower, take one Oreo and lightly press it into the frosting just enough to make an impression. Remove the cookie.
- Using either a leaf tip or star tip, start the frosting of each petal just inside the rim of the cookie impression. Make the length of each petal as desired.
- Twist each cookie apart removing one of the cookie sides. Place the remaining cooking and filling on top of frosted cupcake.
- Clustering 2 to 3 mini cookies together to make a small bouquet of flowers adds a nice touch to the over all finished cupcakes.
- These cupcakes can be made a day in advance. Keep in a tightly sealed container so that the cookies don’t become to moist.
Directions for Bubble Bees:
- I highly suggest using your sister’s highly talented clay creation making niece to make the bubble bees, as I did. But if you don’t have one then follow the instructions below.
- Make 8 ounces (half a can) of gum paste according to the directions.
- Remove about an ounce from mixture for the white stripes and antenna.
- Color the remaining gum paste with yellow food coloring.
- Using the yellow paste, roll 24 small heads and 24 bodies.
- In the smaller head balls, poke long blue sprinkles into each head for eyes. Role a small amount of white paste and curve it for the antennas. Attach by poking a small hole in to the head with a toothpick, then placing the antenna in each hole.
- Take the remaining white paste, spread it out into a thin layer. Place two strips on each of the bodies for stripes. Trim as needed.
- Attach the heads to the bodies with a small amount of frosting.
- Attach the bubble bee to the cupcake with a small amount of frosting.