I was flipping though some recipes when I came across a bare bones Chicken Ranch Pizza recipe and I thought it was just boring. So boring actually, I didn’t even consider making it. But after no luck on deciding what to make for dinner, I realized I had all the ingredients for it and so much more waiting in the fridge…
And this is what I came up with.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 package of ready-mix pizza dough*
- 2-3 tablespoons of garlic
- 1 Ranch salad dressing bottle (amount to be determined)
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 7 small mushrooms
- ½ white onion sliced thinly and cut in half and separated
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (I used the flavored canned tomatoes)
- 4 strips of bacon, crumbled
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup of cilantro
- Preheat oven to temperature indicated for pizza dough.
- Place chicken in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until no longer pink and juices run clear. Cool, then cut into thin strips.
- If using the ready-mix dough, add the minced garlic now. Bake crust for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until it begins to turn golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Spread a layer of ranch dressing over the partially baked crust. Layer on the remaining ingredients starting with the chicken.
Hint: Sprinkle mozzarella cheese in between every few layers to help bind the ingredients together. Add extra layers of ranch to taste. We like our pizza with lots of sauce. Don’t forget some for dipping!
*Any type of pizza dough will suffice, we choose to use this type so we can infuse our pizza dough with minced garlic.