This is one of the simplest ways to make ribs with a homemade sauce.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground red chile pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- *1 tablespoon dark molasses
- *1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- *2 teaspoons whiskey
*I have made this recipe without these three items and the sauce tasted perfect. Perfect enough, that my guests never knew.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook onions in oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Combine the remaining ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered until sauce thickens, about 30 minutes.
Hint: Left over sauce can be frozen.
Ribs done simple:
- Cut full rib rack in half and wrap in foil. Bake for 2 hours at 300 degrees.