This was surprisingly better than I thought it was going to be. All the ingredients sound good but the soy sauce just threw me. We served it with Texas toast and edamame.
Rating out of three stars: Hubby- 3 stars Me- 2 ¾ stars
Serves 2 Ready in 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- ¼ cup of ranch dressing
- ½ cup of shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 chopped green onions
- 6 strips of bacon
- ½ tablespoon of parsley
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sear the chicken breasts on each side, 2 minutes on each side.
- Place chicken in an 8×8 inch pan. Brush a layer of soy sauce on the chicken followed by the ranch dressing.
- Top chicken with a layer of cheese, onions, and bacon strips.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Garnish with parsley.
Hubby- The bacon is a good touch.
Me- More ranch, yummy bacon. I think it would be good on some sort of specialty toasted bun/bread thing.